RKI Instruments, a growing and innovative gas detection company located in Union City seeking a Supervisor to join our Production Department. This person must be a team player, willing to help wherever help is needed within the Production team. The position entails ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively. This person will be asked to undergo a background check.
- Assist the Manager in organizing the workflow of other employees.
- Oversee and coach employees.
- Identify issues in efficiency and suggest improvements.
- Enforce safety policies and procedures (both in-house and regulatory) to decrease the potential for employee injuries on the job.
- Ensure all resources and assets are used efficiently and correctly.
- Ensure the safe use of equipment and schedule regular maintenance.
- Follows Company policies and procedures.
- Hands-on working in Production Department as needed to meet customer requirements.
- Interface with all other departments as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or related field preferred or equivalent work-related experience.
- 3+ years related experience in a supervisor position or equivalent work-related experience.
- 2+ years of electromechanical, PCBA, manufacturing process and assembly experience.
- Posses applicable experience, skills, and knowledge to perform all aspects of job; rotates through all job responsibilities.
- Works with sense of urgency to meet needs of customers.
- Takes responsibility for actions, results, and mistakes.
- Ability to identify issues in efficiency and suggest improvements.
- Able to operate power tools and drill press.
- Able to read assembly drawings and technical notes.
- Basic Measurement and gauge use skills
- Good soldering skills
- Good computer skills
- Team building skills
- Problem solving skills using disciplined methods to identify root causes (i.e. 5 Why)
Please email your Cover Letter and Resume to email@example.com
Thank you for your interest in RKI.
Return to Careers Page