This series of classes has been designed to meet the needs of RKI servicing distributors, RKI recognized third party service providers. Please note that these classes are not open to former servicing distributors. For end users that require service related training, please contact your authorized local RKI Distributor, your Regional Representative, or contact RKI Instruments, Inc. for assistance.
Is this a good class for sales personnel?
- Taking a technical course like this will give you an edge over your competitors. Having a strong technical working knowledge of the gas detection products you sell makes you more of a resource to your customers, making you more valuable as a supplier. This hands on class will build on your technical knowledge for most of RKI’s current product line.
Where are classes held?
- Classes are held at RKI Instrument’s corporate offices located at
33248 Central Avenue, Union City, CA 94587.
- Training administrator: Jennifer Lozano, Tel: 800-754-5165
- Classes begin promptly at 8:30 AM each morning and generally conclude by 4pm
- Map of class location, airports, and local lodging (click on link to open map)
How much does it cost to attend this training?
- $400.00 per student for the complete three day program. This includes lunch each day, one class dinner, your training hand-outs and certificate of participation at the conclusion of the training. Multiple students from an RKI Distributor are allowed if space permits.
What are my responsibilities?
- You are responsible for your travel, ground transportation, lodging, meals not provided by RKI Instruments, and any other related expenses.
- Please contact RKI Instruments for our corporate rates for lodging if needed.
How do I register?
- You must register on the www.rkiinstruments.com/enroll/
- Once your registration has been received and approved you will receive a confirmation packet.
- Registration payment will be by credit card only.
- Class size is limited so sign up soon before all seats are gone!
Certificate of Participation
- Upon completion of training, each student will receive a certificate of participation for Basic Repair and Maintenance covering the instruments and sessions attended (see instruments covered below).
Sensor theory and operation
- Review of sensor operation for combustible gas, oxygen, and toxic gas sensors
- Discussion of sensor date codes
Individual hands-on exercises instruction including:
- Basic instrument operation
- Instrument programming and setup
- Sensor replacement
- Pump replacement and sample system maintenance
- Battery maintenance and replacement
- PCB replacement
- Setup of critical voltages and settings
- Basic system troubleshooting
- Eagle 2
- Gas Tracer
- GX-2003 Review
- SDM-E2 (Eagle 2 Calibration Station)
- SDM-2012 (GX-2012 Calibration Station)
Each student will get valuable hands-on training on basic repairs and trouble shooting techniques with the instruments listed above. RKI Encourages each student to bring one of your instruments to the class to use your new troubleshooting skills.
There will be a $200.00 charge for any cancellations less than two weeks prior to the class. For any no-shows, the entire amount of the class will be charged.