Is this a good class for sales personnel?
Taking a technical course like this will give you an edge over your competitors. Having a strong technical working knowledge of the gas detection products you sell makes you more of a resource to your customers, making you more valuable as a supplier. This hands on class will build on your technical knowledge for most of RKI’s current product line.
Where are classes held?
- Classes are held at RKI Instrument’s corporate offices located in Union City, CA.
- Training administrator: Jennifer Lozano, Tel: 800-754-5165
- Classes begin promptly at 8:30 AM each morning and generally conclude by 4:00 PM.
There will be a $200.00 charge for any cancellations less than two weeks prior to the class. For any no-shows, the entire amount of the class will be charged.
This series of classes is open to all current RKI distributors, and is designed to meet the needs of RKI servicing distributors.
Fixed Systems Only Class Agenda:
RKI Instruments is pleased to announce a comprehensive two-day seminar on our most popular fixed gas detection systems. This seminar would benefit technicians or technical sales personnel that are responsible for quoting, installing, calibrating and maintaining RKI Instruments fixed gas detection systems.
This Advanced Fixed System Seminar will cover the following:
- Applications of Fixed Systems including:
- Review of our Fixed Systems Applications Survey
- Gas detection chemistry
- Fixed Systems Installation
- Understanding relays and their use
- Fixed Systems Troubleshooting
- Programming, configuration and wiring of the following:
- OX-600 / EC-600
- Beacon 110
- Beacon 200
- Beacon 410A
- Beacon 800
- Direct Connect Sensors
- S-2 Series transmitters
- Hands-on section where each student will work in groups to wire, configure, test and calibrate our most popular fixed systems.
- Specialty Fixed Systems Discussion
- Digester Gas Monitor
- Aspirator Panel
- GD-A80 / A80V
If you are interested or know someone who would benefit in attending this two-day seminar, you can register on our web site: www.rkiinstruments.com, or you can contact Jennifer Lozano at 800-754-5165. Price to attend this two-day seminar is $300.00 per student.
Portable and Fixed Class Agenda:
How much does it cost to attend this training?
- $400.00 per student for the complete three day program. This includes lunch each day, one class dinner, training binder and certificate of participation at the conclusion of the training. Multiple students from an RKI Distributor are allowed if space permits.
- Registration payment will be received by credit card only.
- Co-op money can be applied toward training classes. Co-op funds will be applied at the time of request and are non-refundable. Training class must occur within the year of the coop funds being used.
What are my responsibilities?
- You are responsible for your travel, ground transportation, lodging, meals not provided by RKI Instruments, and any other related expenses.
- Please contact RKI Instruments for our corporate rates for lodging if needed.
How do I register?
- You must register on the RKI web site at www.rkiinstruments.com/enroll/
- Once your registration has been received and approved you will receive a confirmation via email.
- Registration payment will be by credit card only.
- Class size is limited so sign up soon before all seats are gone!
Certificate of Participation
Upon completion of training, each student will receive a certificate of participation for Basic Repair and Maintenance covering the instruments and sessions attended.
Sensor theory and operation
- Review of sensor operation for combustible gas, oxygen, and toxic gas sensors.
- Discussion of sensor date codes and recommendations for sensor replacement.
Individual hands-on exercises instruction including:
- Basic instrument operation
- Instrument programming and setup
- Sensor scrubber replacement
- Pump replacement and sample system maintenance
- Battery maintenance and replacement
- PCB replacement
- Setup of critical voltages and settings
- Basic system troubleshooting
- 03 Series
- Eagle 2
- GX-2012/Gas Tracer
- SDM-E2 (Eagle 2 Calibration Station)
- SDM-2012 (GX-2012 Calibration Station)
- Beacon 110
- M2A Series
- S2 Series
- Beacon 200
- Beacon 410
- Beacon 800
Each student will get valuable hands-on training on basic repairs and trouble shooting techniques with the instruments listed above. RKI Encourages each student to bring one of your instruments to the class to use your new troubleshooting skills.